Grilled Salmon With Warm Spinach Salad
The sweet citrus vinaigrette can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigeration. Use Maple Grove Walnut Vinaigrette or Paul Newman's Low fat dressing. If you prefer to make the dressing from scratch you can use this recipe:
- 1/4 cup fresh low sugar orange juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oils
- 1 tbsp defatted chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic blend seasoned rice vinegar (such as Nakano)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 whole BTAB (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 package 6 oz fresh spinach
- 4whole oranges, whole, peeled and cut into 6 slices
1.) Preheat the frill to medium-high heat. for indoor grilling use the George Forman Grill.
2.) To prepare vinaigrette, combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. If you did not make dressing from scratch this step is where you can substitute your favorite low fat bottled dressing
3.) To prepare salad, drizzle lemon juice over fillets; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of pepper. Place fillets, skin side up on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or is at your desired degree of doneness. Remove skin.
4.) Add spinach to vinaigrette in a bowl, toss well. Place two cups of spinach mixture on each of 4 serving plates, arrange 1 warm salmon fillet and 6 orange slices on top of greens.